It’s that time of year again – and yes, it is time to start your festive planning!
This is prime time for your salon, and we have 5 important yet simple tips to set yourself up for a very successful and very merry Christmas!
1. Retail & Treatment Sales
Your salon will be packed during November/December with customers readying themselves for Christmas. It’s time to focus on boosting retail sales and this is how you’ll do it! ?
– Create striking displays of beautifully packaged products – Your clients must see them and make a comment like: “Wow!” or “Hmmm”
– Promote luxurious treatment packages that will make the perfect gifts – After every treatment you must tell your client that treatments can be purchased as a gift voucher with an offer (could be a discount, a redeemable amount, something added to the treatment for free or anything but something…). These gift vouchers will potentially bring in new clients. This is extremely important to keep your business growing.
– Display different baskets of products near the front desk with an eye-catching sign, such as: ‘Perfect Stocking Fillers’ or ‘Christmas Rejuvenation’. Anything from $30 to $250 (have at least 3 baskets – $30 – $100 – $250 something for all budgets).
– Make sure your staff are well trained. This is important. If the staff has used any of the products on themselves, it has an immediate positive result on sales. Plus, the staff need to know the products well. Get your suppliers to come in and help out with training, specifically geared towards the product and treatment packages you have on offer. And if you give your team a goal to reach, they will have a target and be ready to sell for you.
You must increase the average spend per visit through the November and December months.
2. Shine on Social Media
– Take photos of your glitzy promotional displays and post them on your social media.
– Encourage your customers to write online reviews – word of mouth is the best way to draw in new clients.
– Share your Christmas trading hours and give customers every possible option to make a booking.
– Go creative and set up a selfie’s booth in your salon, so clients can take a selfie after their treatment to post on their FB/Instagram page – Ask them to tag your salon.
– Clients of Vital Plus can even have any photos of their salon displays and promotions shared through our social media channels! So, get in touch!
3. Your Salon is your Biggest Advertisement
– Use your shop front, if you have one, to let customers know what you have to offer.
– It needs to be enticing with some fabulous promotions.
– Personalised graphics, posters and display stands, window lighting, outdoor decorations – glitz things up to draw in the passers-by.
– They need to know that this is the place to come for last minute beauty gifts and stocking fillers!
4. Reward and Retain
– Do something special for your loyal customers – gift cards are a great idea as you can encourage your client to re-book immediately or purchase a retail product. Did you know that most people will spend more than the value of a gift card?
– Encourage clients to book in for January – this is the quiet month after the bustle of Christmas and you want to fill those spots, so take the time to discuss their next treatment.
– Also remember that because the month of January (and some of February) is a bit slower than usual, you could have a day in the week where you offer your services with a twist. It could be something is redeemable, or a discount, or points accrued, or a free lash tint or manicure. Use these during the slower months and then make sure that you have an expiry date to these exclusive offers.
5. Easy Marketing
– Include your festive promotions and opening hours on your answering machine message.
– Print your promotions on your till receipts in the lead up to Christmas.
– If you can, ensure clients can book online easily using your website and of course, make sure your website is up to date with all your Christmas offers.
– Schedule SMS and Email campaigns to send out to your clients to push your amazing promotions. You can easily bulk SMS messages to your clients. SMS is the very best way to communicate with your client base. Every time you meet with a new client, you should get their mobile phone number. With it you can remind and confirm of a future appointment, you can make some announcements, like closing dates, offers and follow-up messages.
– If you want more information on how you go about bulk SMS messages, contact Frank from Vital Plus. 1300 437 638
So, take the stress out of Christmas this year – be prepared and get ready to reap the rewards.