A customer loyalty strategy to gain more clients.
Being referred by a client is the best marketing you can ever have and it’s the cheapest as well. Great advocacy from your clients is like keeping an eye on the thermometer, which measures the perception of your brand. How far do you need to go so that your salon comes up as a topic of conversation at a Friday night dinner?
You may already know all this but read on and you may learn a new thing or two. Or at least be reminded, for the livelihood of your business, of the importance of winning your clients heart.
People will choose, return to and recommend your beauty salon mostly for the experience. They can buy beauty products and DIY beauty kits online. But they choose to relax in a pleasant atmosphere and feel secure in the knowledge that their skilled and friendly beauty professional is going to take care of them. So, here are five customer loyalty strategy ideas to enhance this “feel good” experience and make sure that your clients keep coming back to your salon:
1. Pamper and Personalise Things a Little
You won’t suffer a major setback in your budget if you welcome your clients with a cup of hot tea during the winter or a cool, refreshing fruit juice during the hot summer days. However, this simple gesture will work wonders. You can also do something similar at the end of a treatment. People will remember the pleasant surprise they had and the good feeling they experienced in your salon.
When preparing the room before your client arrives, put the client’s name on the bed saying; “Welcome Sharon – Now relax. Free your mind of thoughts and leave everything to us” How personalised would that feel? If the client has already been to the salon, you should record the previous treatment, products, samples and anecdotes that were shared and make sure you review them and share these with your client. This tells your client; “I care, and I remember”.
They will probably do more than just come back; they may even tell their friends and write on their Social Media how special they felt at your salon. These customer loyalty strategy alone can help you win new clients and increase loyalty among existing ones.
2. Be Flexible and Accommodating but Up to a Point
There are days when it’s impossible to get anywhere on time or make it to an appointment; heavy traffic, the flu, car breakdown, emergency or whatever unforeseen event can actually happen. If you get a phone call from a client who is running late and asking you to keep their appointment, or reschedule it for another time, try to be as accommodating as possible. This client most certainly has a valid reason and has shown all the possible courtesy by calling you and informing you of the situation. Of course, you can and should take a stance in the case of repeat offenders, but not the first time this happens.
3. Maximizing Client Engagement through Thoughtful Appointment Reminders
If you’re not already doing it, then you should be. I’m talking about sending an appointment text reminder to your clients. The day before and on the actual day is the ideal combination. Something like; “Hi Sharon, I look forward to seeing you for your facial tomorrow at 10.30am. Please confirm with Yes or No. Thanks – Emily from Your Beauty Salon” – This message should be sent 24 hours in advance. There are online programs that allow you to easily schedule these messages, without having to think about it. For more information, contact me and I’ll be happy to tell you more. ([email protected] or 1300 437 638)
If you do not hear back from your client 4 to 5 hours after the message is sent, then pick up the phone and call them, if it’s not too late in the evening. Or call them first thing in the morning.
Your second message should be sent (scheduled) 2 hours before. In this example at 8.30am on the day. “Hi Sharon, See you soon – Emily from Your Beauty Salon”. Sometimes even a reminder the day before is not enough and one on the day is a safety measure.
Your time is important, and some people just don’t realise it. It’s up to you to limit missed appointments as much as possible. The awkwardness that follows a missed appointment often leads to the client never coming back.
It always pays off to lose a few dollars now and then to win a loyal client. In the long term, people remember how they were treated, human to human, not the discounts and promotional coupons they received.
4. Offer Product and Service Bundles
This is a great way to add value to your services: market your exclusive lines of products and keep your clients happy at the same time with these customer loyalty strategy. Think of any product, which compliments one of your beauty treatments and offer a discount bundle for your clients. That is a treatment and a product priced together, with a discount. Or a course of treatments (3, 6 or even 12 treatments) with a discount or free product or anything that offers value.
You could also give a treatment voucher for a friend as a bonus, in the form of a gift card. This will help you achieve two things at the same time: Give your client a gift they can give to a friend or family member and for the salon to have the opportunity to gain a new client.
Product bundles are also great gift ideas, so take the time to pack them nicely in tissue paper and add a ribbon, especially during the holiday season.
5. Offer Special Discounts for Various Events
Is your client getting married and wants a beauty session with you? a birthday coming up? Is it one year since they have become your client? All these special events and occasions are a great opportunity for you to show appreciation to your clients through special discounts and strengthen their loyalty to your business.
Sending a card is really powerful and says; “I care” and “I remember”. A small gift token will go a long way.
6. Follow-Up Appointments with Tailored Email Advice
You should send a “thank-you” email to your clients after appointments and offer them free advice related to the type of procedure they had: how to maintain results for a longer time, the type of skincare products best adapted to their skin type (from your exclusive range), useful advice about hydration, having a balanced diet and other ways in which your clients can stay healthy and youthful for longer.
- Go the extra mile to keep your clients happy, pampered and personalise your meeting with them as much as possible, because it will pay off in the long run.
- Understand that your clients are human and may be late for appointments. If possible accommodate them but also send them reminders to prevent a missed appointment.
- Bundle up products and services, create gift packages and increase your sales and your client’s loyalty.
- Celebrate your clients with a card, a small gift token or a special discount for their memorable life events: birthdays, anniversaries, weddings or anything else.
- Keep in touch with them with follow-up emails containing useful advice every time they finish an appointment.
Five simple customer loyalty strategy that will help you build a stronger relationship with your clients and build their loyalty to you over time.
We love sharing our passion for the beauty industry with our clients and love seeing their successes. That’s what inspires us on a daily basis.
Vital Plus customers benefit from ongoing support, not just technical, but also in marketing, management, Future Beauty events, setting up promotions and anything else that can boost your knowledge or support the running of a successful beauty business.
We aim to inspire and guide each owner to run a beauty salon as astutely as possible.
Q: How can I build trust with my customers to earn their loyalty?
A: Building trust is crucial for earning customers’ loyalty. Here are some effective strategies:
- Consistent Communication: Keep an open line of communication with your customers. Respond promptly to their inquiries and feedback, showing that you value their input.
- Honesty and Transparency: Be honest about your products or services, pricing, and any potential limitations. Transparency builds trust and credibility.
- Deliver on Promises: Fulfill your commitments and promises to customers. Whether it’s about product quality, delivery times, or customer service, meeting expectations is essential.
- Customer Reviews and Testimonials: Encourage satisfied customers to leave reviews and testimonials. Positive feedback from real users can help instill trust in potential customers.
Q: What role does excellent customer service play in customer loyalty?
A: Excellent customer service plays a significant role in building and maintaining customer loyalty. Here’s why:
- Customer Satisfaction: When customers receive outstanding service, they are more likely to be satisfied with their overall experience. Satisfied customers are more likely to remain loyal to your brand.
- Word-of-Mouth Marketing: Positive word-of-mouth spreads when customers have a great service experience. This leads to more referrals and potential new loyal customers.
- Handling Complaints: Resolving customer complaints promptly and professionally can turn a negative experience into a positive one. This can strengthen customer loyalty and trust.
- Long-Term Relationships: Providing excellent customer service helps build long-term relationships with customers, which can result in repeat business and increased loyalty.
Q: How can I personalize the customer experience to enhance loyalty?
A: Personalizing the customer experience can make a significant impact on customer loyalty. Here’s how you can do it:
- Collect Customer Data: Gather relevant data about your customers, such as their preferences, purchase history, and demographics. Utilize this information to understand their needs better.
- Segmentation: Group customers based on shared characteristics to create targeted marketing campaigns and personalized offers.
- Tailored Recommendations: Use customer data to offer personalized product recommendations that align with their interests and past purchases.
- Personalized Communication: Address customers by their names in communication and tailor your messages to their preferences, showing that you understand and care about their needs.
Q: How can a loyalty rewards program benefit my business?
A: Implementing a loyalty rewards program can have several advantages for your business:
- Repeat Purchases: A rewards program encourages repeat purchases, as customers strive to earn points or benefits associated with their loyalty.
- Increased Customer Spending: Customers may spend more to reach the next rewards tier, increasing their average order value.
- Customer Retention: A well-structured rewards program can improve customer retention rates, reducing churn and increasing loyalty.
- Word-of-Mouth and Referrals: Satisfied customers in your rewards program may refer friends and family, leading to new customer acquisitions.
Q: How can I show appreciation to my loyal customers?
A: Expressing appreciation is crucial to nurturing customer loyalty. Here are some ways to show gratitude to your loyal customers:
- Exclusive Offers: Provide exclusive discounts, offers, or access to new products or services for your loyal customers.
- Thank-You Notes: Send personalized thank-you notes or emails to express your gratitude for their continued support.
- Customer Appreciation Events: Host special events or webinars dedicated to your loyal customers, where they can connect with your brand and receive special perks.
- Loyalty Programs: Implement a tiered loyalty program that offers increased benefits as customers move up the loyalty ladder.
By incorporating these gestures of appreciation, you can foster a strong emotional connection with your customers and solidify their loyalty to your brand.
Call us to share with us some of the things you do to win your client’s heart.
If you want to find out more about these 5 tips, or how we can help you in your beauty business journey…
Speak with Frank on: 1300 437 638 or email: [email protected]
Helping you is what drives us. That’s the Vital Plus experience.